Advocate for Dogs - Flea and Heartworm Treatment
Displaying items 1 - 4 of 4
Advocate® for Dogs Description:
Advocate for Dogs is a topical spot-on type flea medication that control and prevents its infestation. Advocate alsp prevents heartworm, controls infections of gastrointestinal nematodes including hookworm, roundworm and whipworm. Advocate also treats sarcoptic mange, demodicosis and ear mite infestation with a monthly application.
Advocate® Flea & Heartworm Treatment Key Benefits:
- Broad Control - Treats internal (heartworm & intestinal worms) and external parasites
- Quick Action - Get rid of adult fleas and larvae fast within one hour
- Rapid - Stop fleas biting within 5 minutes around the area of application with rapid onset
- Advance Formulation - Water proof so it does not wash off your dogs after a bath or a swim ONE hour after treatment
- Durable - Long lasting broad spectrum protection for up to a month
- Extra Protection - Control ear mites, sarcoptic mange, demodex and lice
- Proven - Active ingredient Imidacloprid found in Advantage to battle stubborn flea infestations
- Safe to use on puppies, lactating and pregnant dogs
VetShopAustralia Top Brands Flea Control & Other Parasite Treatment Quick Guide*
| Brand ||Adult Flea ||Eggs ||Larvae ||Tick ||Mosquito ||Heartworm||Ear Mite||Sarcoptic Mange |
| Frontline plus® ||yes ||yes ||yes ||yes ||no ||no||no||no |
| Revolution® ||yes ||yes ||yes ||no||no ||yes||yes ||yes |
| Advocate ® ||yes ||no ||yes ||no ||no ||yes ||yes ||yes |
| Frontline Spray® ||yes ||no ||yes ||yes ||no ||no||no||no |
| Advantix® ||yes ||no ||yes ||yes ||yes ||no||no||no |
| Advantage® ||yes ||no ||yes ||no ||no ||no||no||no |
|Capstar® ||yes ||no ||no ||no||no ||no||no||no |
|Program® ||no ||yes ||yes ||no||no ||no||no||no |
|Sentinel® ||no ||yes ||yes ||no||no ||yes ||no||no |
*Please refer to individual product details for more information. This table is for a quick general reference only.
Directions for Use
Place the applicator tip through the animals hair to the skin level. For dogs up to 25kg, apply to skin on back between the shoulder blades. For dogs over 25kg apply in divided doses between the shoulder blades on the back between the hips and one point in between. Spot on applicators are portioned based on the pet's weight: Small dogs & puppies up to 4 kg - 1 tube from dark green pack; Dogs 4 to 10 kg - 1 tube from turquoise pack; Dogs 10 to 25 kg -1 tube from maroon pack; Dogs 25 to50 kg -1 tube from blue pack; Dogs > 50kg - 2 tubes from blue pack. One application lasts for a month. Safe to use on puppies from 7 weeks of age.
Do not use on puppies under 7 weeks of age. Do not apply Advocate for Dogs to cats. Do not get this product in the pet's eyes or mouth. Use with caution in sick, debilitated or underweight animals. This product causes eye irritation in humans and is harmful if swallowed. Avoid contact with skin. Call poison information center if swallowed. If on skin, wash with plenty of soap and water. If in eyes, flush with plenty of water.
Possible Side Effects
Individual sensitivities, while rare, may occur after using any pesticide product for pets. If signs persist, or become more severe, consult a veterinarian immediately.
Imidacloprid 100g/L Moxidectin 25g/L