- Aristopet Stop ItchFrom $12.84 - $19.47
- Austrazole WashFrom $37.74 - $301.90
- Dermcare Natural ShampooFrom $7.49 - $98.70
- Epi-Soothe Rinse & ConditionerFrom $19.26 - $30.63
- Epi-Soothe S ShampooFrom $14.59 - $151.87
- Epi-Soothe Sis Shampoo 237ml$17.04
- Epi-Soothe Sis Shampoo 500ml$28.95
- F/y shamp puppy 220ml$7.22
- F/y shamp s/shine 220ml$7.22
- F10 ShampooFrom $14.36 - $24.45
- Fido's Black Gloss ShampooFrom $9.62 - $104.66
- Fido's Creme ConditionerFrom $13.57 - $117.73
- Fido's Emu Oil ShampooFrom $9.93 - $27.93
- Fido's Everyday ShampooFrom $7.79 - $242.93
- Fido's Flea ShampooFrom $10.38 - $103.52
- Fido's Fre-Itch Rinse ConcentrateFrom $12.32 - $181.61
- Fido's Fresh Coat SprayFrom $9.97 - $155.49
- Fido's Gentle & Mild ShampooFrom $26.99 - $106.22
- Fido's Herbal RinseFrom $13.15 - $114.64
- Fido's Hydro Bath FlushFrom $35.04 - $133.40
- Fido's Natural ShampooFrom $10.51 - $30.81
- Fido's Oatmeal ConditionerFrom $11.62 - $103.00
- Fido's Pyrethrin ShampooFrom $9.35 - $15.86
- Fido's Tea Tree ShampooFrom $10.17 - $28.64
- Fido's White & Bright ShampooFrom $9.16 - $99.77
- Inca Malaban Wash Flea TreatmentFrom $23.83 - $159.65
- Lustre Aid Coat ConditionerFrom $19.19 - $32.73
- Lustre Vet SprayFrom $13.22 - $20.57
- Malaseb Medicated FoamFrom $20.77 - $71.02
- PAW 2 In 1 Conditioning ShampooFrom $11.78 - $111.07
- PAW Classic Care ShampooFrom $7.80 - $81.89
- PAW Infected Skin Duo Pack$29.82
- PAW Mediderm Gentle Medicated ShampooFrom $19.10 - $31.60
- PAW Nutriderm ConditionerFrom $15.62 - $25.65
- PAW Nutriderm ShampooFrom $13.54 - $23.25
- PAW Puppy Gentle ShampooFrom $10.38 - $18.27
- PAW Sensitive Skin ConditionerFrom $10.38 - $118.02
- PAW Sensitive Skin ShampooFrom $10.38 - $118.02
- PETKIN DOGGY WIPES 100 PACK$16.24
- PETKIN EYE WIPES 30 PACK$14.88
- PETKIN TUSHIE WIPES (100)$16.24
- Pyoderm S Shampoo 250ml$21.77
- Pyohex Medicated ConditionerFrom $9.01 - $15.73
- Pyohex Medicated FoamFrom $11.84 - $38.73
- Sebazole Shampoo 250ml$19.86
- Squirt Conditioner For DogsFrom $6.95 - $13.98
- Squirt Shampoo For DogsFrom $6.95 - $11.24
- Topizole Medicated ShampooFrom $12.91 - $22.70
- Triocil Antiseptic WashFrom $22.46 - $64.98
Dog Shampoo and Washes
Keep your furry friend clean with our dog wash product range
Do you have a pampered pooch who loves to be bathed, groomed, and Instagram-ready? Or does your best friend prefer rolling in the mud? Whatever your dog’s breed and temperament, all dogs can get messy from time to time. You are your dog's loving guardian, so they are relying on you to keep them clean. This is an essential part of basic dog healthcare and hygiene, so it’s extremely important that you don’t neglect this task.
At Vet Shop Australia, we offer all the dog wash products you need to keep your furry friend clean, healthy, and always ready for a selfie!
Why it’s important to bathe your dog
Every dog needs a bath sometimes, although it’s true that some dogs need bathing more regularly than others. A dog who spends most of their time inside the home is less likely to get messy than a dog who prefers to be outdoors. But no dog is completely clean – most of them will enjoy getting muddy at the dog park or playing in the sea when you take them to the beach. Some dogs seem to have a habit of finding the smelliest possible things to roll in, which is never pleasant for you, even if they think it’s fun!
Even a walk in your neighbourhood can cause environmental pollutants to become attached to your dog’s fur. So, even if your dog looks clean, there’s a good chance there are invisible things hiding in their coat that shouldn’t be there. Dogs with longer or thicker fur tend to be more susceptible to this, so they might need bathing more regularly than short-haired dogs.
Whatever your pet’s breed and habits, bathing them from time to time has to be part of their grooming routine. You shouldn’t bathe them too often, as this can dry out their skin and cause irritation. Most dog parents bathe their pooches anything from once a month to a few times a year. But, baths are important to keep your dog healthy, remove bacteria, and prevent your dog’s skin from becoming irritated or infected, as well as to make them look and smell fantastic!
Should you use a special dog shampoo?
Most dogs aren’t huge fans of bath time, so it’s important to make the experience as stress-free as possible for them. This means you need to use a dog shampoo. Human hair products are too harsh for a dog – even the gentlest shampoos formulated for babies can irritate a dog’s skin and damage their hair follicles. Your dog will thank you for using specific dog shampoo products that are kind to their skin and coat.
There are also gentler dog shampoos specially formulated for puppies. These are ideal for introducing your little bundle of fur to the bathtub and teaching them that bath time isn’t something to be scared of!
Remember, the water shouldn’t be too hot or too cold, and it should only be shallow. Start at your dog’s feet and shampoo up to their head slowly in gentle circular motions before rinsing your dog thoroughly to make sure all the dog shampoo has been washed out of their coat.
Do you need a dog conditioner?
Many pet parents want bath time to be over with as quickly as possible! But, it’s important to get your dog looking, smelling, and feeling great. Using a dog conditioner product can be highly beneficial to your dog after a shampoo.
A dog conditioner helps to seal moisture into the hair shafts, preventing dryness and irritation. It also makes your pooch’s fur softer, silkier, and easier to groom. This is a great bonus for you, particularly if your dog has long or thick fur, as it makes brushing much easier and means you don’t have to spend as much time making your furry friend look neat and tidy!
When should you use a medicated dog wash?
Some dogs suffer from skin or coat conditions, which means they need medicated dog wash products. These products contain special ingredients that reduce allergies and help to soothe itching and inflammation, as well as to remove any environmental causes of allergies such as grass pollen.
Signs of allergies in dogs include:
- Constant licking or scratching
- Inflamed skin
- Fur loss
Medicated products can also be used to treat bacterial and fungal infections. These can sometimes be caused by allergies, and they are extremely uncomfortable for your poor pet. Regular bathing with medicated dog wash is a way of combatting these conditions and helping to prevent them from recurring.
Some medicated dog shampoos can also be effective for treating fleas and even skin conditions like mange. It’s important to see a registered veterinary practitioner if you think your dog has a skin or coat condition, as they will be able to advise you of the best treatments for your dog.
Making bath time fun for your dog
Most dogs don’t look forward to bath time – and neither do their owners. But, bathing your dog can be a great bonding experience for you and your best friend if you take things slowly and make sure your pooch is comfortable. You can make the experience fun by including plenty of toys and treats so your dog associates the bath with positivity and rewards!
At Vet Shop Australia, we offer all the dog supplies you need to care completely for your dog’s health, wellbeing, and happiness. Whether you’re looking for toys to make bath time more fun, high-quality food, healthcare products, or accessories, we can provide you with everything your furry friend needs. Giving them the right care is the best way of returning the unconditional love they give to you, and they will thank you for it every day.
Vet Shop Australia is owned and run by a team of registered veterinary surgeons and animal health professionals. We love dogs just as much as you do, which is why we dedicate ourselves to providing pet parents with the best possible products for their canine companions. We only use highly reputable suppliers, and we will not sell anything that we wouldn’t give to our own dogs, providing our customers with absolute trust and peace of mind.
We also keep our prices low, as we believe that your ability to care properly for your dog shouldn’t be affected by your budget.
You can shop our range of dog wash products here. And, if you would like more information about any of the products we sell, please contact us by phone or email. We’ll be happy to answer all your questions.