- Austrazole WashFrom $38.81 - $307.10
- Betadine OintmentFrom $10.79 - $16.68
- Castor Oil$16.80
- DEBRISOL SPRAY 500ML$20.30
- Derma GelFrom $29.80 - $39.64
- Dermaclens Cream an Aid in skin & wound healingFrom $36.30 - $79.60
- Epi-OticFrom $14.21 - $36.30
- F10 Barrier OintmentFrom $8.25 - $42.48
- Filta-BacFrom $14.19 - $32.77
- Fungafite Cream 50g$16.90
- FUNGAZOL CREAM 100GM$30.56
- INTRASITE-GEL 25GM EA$19.19
- Megaderm LiquidFrom $27.04 - $89.23
- Melcare Manuka Wound GelFrom $16.73 - $69.92
- Microshield HandwashFrom $8.10 - $73.10
- OTIDERM 500ML VETSENSE SPRAY$15.25
- PAW Bio Balm 50ml$25.15
- PAW Dermega 200ml$25.65
- PAW Manuka Wound GelFrom $15.40 - $35.95
- QUITITCH LOTION 1LT$44.99
Dog Skin and Wound Repair
Give your dog the best protection with our dog skin care treatment range
You and your dog enjoy every precious moment you spend together – playing in the backyard, running in the park, days on the beach. These things are extremely important for your furry pal, as they strengthen the special bond you share together and give your dog all the experiences that create the best possible quality of life.
However, just like humans, dogs put themselves at risk in many different ways. Every time you go outside, there are environmental factors and potential for all kinds of trouble. This is why it’s essential to have an effective range of dog wound care treatments and skincare products on hand at all times, to prevent some problems from occurring and to help them heal quickly if they do occur.
At Vet Shop Australia, we offer an extensive collection of dog skincare products that provide a first aid kit for your pooch. This gives you the ability to react quickly in a wide variety of situations, offering your dog the very best protection, care, and love.
Dog skincare to guard against environmental factors
Dogs have a reputation for being tough and resilient, but your dog’s skin is a lot more delicate than you might imagine. There are all kinds of environmental factors that can have an impact on the condition of your dog’s skin, and some of these can cause serious problems if left untreated.
These can include:
- Allergies. Just like humans, dogs can be allergic to plants and grass pollen. This can have an effect on their skin, which can become dry and itchy. In response to this, your dog might scratch or bite themselves, which can make the problem a whole lot worse.
- Sun damage. Your dog’s skin is susceptible to damage from the UV rays of the sun. Dogs can get sunburn and heatstroke, which is why it’s extremely important to protect your pooch when going outdoors. This is especially vital during the summer months, particularly in warmer climates.
- Insect bites. Mosquitos and other parasites are often attracted to dogs. Bites can cause itching and irritation, and, in some cases, they can lead to far more serious health conditions.
- Dirt. Most dogs like to get messy when they play outdoors, particularly rolling in the mud or swimming in the sea. But, this can lead to dirt and bacteria becoming trapped in your dog’s coat. If not cleaned and treated properly, bacterial and fungal infections can develop, which can be extremely uncomfortable for your poor dog.
Part of being a responsible dog guardian is to make sure you always have a stock of dog skincare products that can effectively combat these problems, protecting your dog before anything harmful can happen.
For example, sunscreens and insect repellents can be applied to your dog before you go for a walk together, combatting the harmful effects of UV rays and protecting your dog from insect bites.
You can also buy natural products to protect your dog’s skin and improve their quality of life so they can truly enjoy the time you spend outdoors together. Castor oil can help to fight the symptoms of allergies, alleviating itching and moisturising dry, flaky skin. Omega 3, 6, 9 oil is also an excellent way of improving the quality of your dog’s skin – the healthy balance of fatty acids it contains is known for strengthening skin and boosting your dog’s immune system.
Help your pup to heal with specialist dog wound care treatment
It’s an unpleasant fact that from time to time your dog will get injured. From cutting themselves on shrubs and bushes to rough play and even fighting with other dogs, there are times when your dog will need some extra special care to recover from injuries they pick up in the course of living a full and active life.
You can help to do the very best for your pooch by keeping a stock of dog wound care products in your cupboard. This means you can react quickly if problems occur and give your dog the best possible chance of a fast and full recovery.
Vet Shop Australia stocks an extensive range of dog wound care solutions, which will help to clean the wound if your dog picks up an injury and help it to heal quickly. These include treatments for your dog’s skin, as well as their paws and nails, which can be extremely painful for your pet if they get torn or scraped.
We believe in offering a choice of medicinal and natural solutions. One of our most popular dog wound care products is manuka honey, which contains antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and antiseptic properties. Applying manuka honey treatments will protect the wound, reduce inflammation and swelling, and help to promote healing, getting your pooch back to full, active health in a shorter time.
Dog skincare for infections
Infection is another problem that dog guardians frequently worry about. Bacterial and fungal infections of the skin can occur if your dog gets messy during play, and dirt and bacteria become trapped in their coat. Of course, messy play does not usually result in infection, and it is an important and enjoyable part of your dog’s life. But, it is worth keeping some dog skin care products in stock, just in case an infection happens.
F10 barrier treatments are highly effective against infections. F10 is an antiseptic ointment that fights bacterial and fungal infections and helps to heal wounds. It helps to soothe the symptoms of the infection, so your furry friend will feel much more comfortable while they are recovering.
Shop dog skincare and other essential dog supplies
At Vet Shop Australia, we offer everything you need to stock your dog’s first aid cupboard and keep your best pal protected against a huge variety of circumstances. We want to give your dog the best possible quality of life in every other way, too – from food to toys, shampoos to accessories, our extensive range of dog supplies is designed to help your canine companion enjoy life to the full!
We’re completely owned and run by an expert team of registered Australian veterinary surgeons and animal health care professionals. This means we know exactly what your dog needs for a healthy, happy, and active life at every stage. We only use highly reputable suppliers, and we test products to make sure they are safe and effective. If we wouldn’t give a product to our own dogs, we won’t recommend it for yours.
Since we were established in 1999, we have helped thousands of Australian dog lovers to provide the very best quality of life for their pets by offering top quality products at the lowest possible prices. We believe that all dogs deserve the very best standards of love and care, and your budget should not be a barrier to this. We do what we do out of love for animals, and we know you love them every bit as much as we do!
We make it easy for you to order all the dog skincare and wound care products you need, with our straightforward and secure online payment system. We process all orders as quickly as we can, and we offer fast, low-cost, fully tracked shipping to all areas of Australia. This means your precious pooch won’t have to wait long to get their paws on all the dog supplies they need!
Shop our dog skincare products here – or, if you have any questions or would like more information about any of the products we sell, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We’re available by phone or email, and a member of our specialist team will always be happy to help you out.