Thundershirt Dog Anxiety Jacket Grey
A drug-free solution for relieving anxiety in dogs by providing a gentle, constant pressure to a dog's torso that has a dramatic calming effect for most dogs.
ThunderShirt is the original, vet recommended, natural calming solution that helps reduce anxiety in dogs in a drug-free way. Like swaddling an infant, our dog anxiety vest's patented design applies gentle, constant pressure to calm all types of anxiety, fear, and over-excitement issues in dogs.
The ThunderShirt helps reduce anxiety relating to fireworks, thunderstorms, separation anxiety, travel, vet visits, problem barking and more. Treat anxiety, fear, and over-excitement in style! You'll love the ThunderShirt's calming effect on your dog.
- Step 1 - We recommend using the ThunderShirt for the first time when your dog is NOT anxious so they can get used to the snug feeling in a calm comforting setting
- Step 2 - Attached to the main body you will find 2 chest straps, 1 long flap, 1 short flap & 1 top flap
- Step 3 - Place the main body of shirt along the back of the dog
- Step 4 - Wrap chest straps gently around the dog's neck. These straps are just to hold the ThunderShirt in place so there shouldn't be any pressure here.
- Step 5 - Wrap the long flap under torso & secure with short flap to make a secure short fit
- Step 6 - Wrap top flap down onto long flap & secure with the fasteners. Adjust if needed to improve the snug fit not too tight just comfortable pressure
- XXS - Chest size 23-34cm. Indicative weight <4kg.
- XS - Chest measures 33-45cm. Indicative weight 4-6kg.
- S - Chest measures 40-58cm. Indicative weight 7-11kg.
- M - Chest measures 45-66cm. Indicative weight 12-18kg.
- L - Chest measures 60-81cm. Indicative weight 19-29kg.
- XL- Chest measures 78-101cm. Indicative weight 30-50kg.
- XXL - Chest measures 96-127cm. Indicative weight 50kg+.
Important Safety Information
The first time your pet wears their ThunderShirt, remove every 1-2 hours to check for irritation.
The ThunderShirt is safe to wear for extended periods, however, it is recommended to remove the ThunderShirt twice daily for 30 minutes.
Tips & Tricks for using your ThunderShirt
The ThunderShirt is easy to use and requires no training. Here are some tips for introducing the ThunderShirt to your pet to achieve the best results:
- Try ThunderShirt on your pet the first few times when they're feeling calm and loved
- Put ThunderShirt in your laundry basket, so it starts to smell familiar to your pet
- Give treats to your pet using the ThunderShirt like a plate so your pet associates it with positive things
- Put ThunderShirt in your pet's bed or crate and give your pet lots of snuggles
- During a calm period, try the ThunderShirt on your pet for 1-2 hours. Engage with treats, plays and more snuggles
- Try taking a walk in the ThunderShirt. Give lots of treats and positive reinforcement for good behaviour